Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Meditation and water


The nice young man from P and O Ferries just rang to check that we've remembered we're sailing this evening!

He assures me that winds are favourable (NE) and, anyway, the good ship Pride of Bilbao is a stabilised vessel.
This is a very good thing.
What's this, I hear you ask, surely that old salty dog isn't beginning to feel queasy? What happenned to the staunch piratical resolve, the grit, the sea-legs?


Nothing, nothing, I assure you, but I've just been re-reading the Voyage of the Beagle and it reminds me that when Charles Darwin wasn't chasing finches and fossicking on dry land, he was only able mumble raisins and dry biscuits between bouts of spewing over the side.

Just to be prepared, I'll go out now and buy some Kwells, ginger and those clever little acupuncture wristbands. England expects .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you there yet? I'm amused by the links on your blog as well as the Blog itself. Looking forward to your next few episodes...